Monday, August 4, 2014

My favorite oils for the baby

Okay so sorry I skipped the weekend for posting and probably will most weeks as that is family time for us but here is the new post:

Today I have decided the topic I want to go into is what oils I absolutely LOVE to use with the baby.  First let me introduce you to the baby. His name is Joseph and he is now 3 months old.

My first favorite oil is Gentle Baby. Every night I put about 4 drops in his bath (I say about because every now and then an extra drop falls). I have been doing this every single night since he was about a month and a half old. We find that since we started doing this he has slept so much better.   He sleeps from around 8:30- 9 until around 7:30 - 8 in the morning, sometimes a little later. I have been told on occasion by my husband that he sometimes thinks about taking a bath in the Gentle Baby as well.

The second oil I like to use on him is lavender. I was able to get rid of his first case of cradle cap in only 2 days by using lavender oil straight in his head and then using his little brush he got from the hospital to scrub it.   I was amazed by the speed at which it healed.  Every so often I use it as just a preventative treatment for his head to keep the cradle cap from coming back.

What other products do I use on him?  Well, I use the lavender shampoo. One day I decided to let him 'smell like a baby' and used the Johnson's baby wash on him and I am still fighting a rash on his head from the chemicals in there. I also like to use something called Animal Scents. on him (and myself).  It is very moisturizing and we LOVE IT.

Well I guess that is it for now.  If you ever have a question about our Young Living experience please feel free to contact me and I will give you more info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment